I've long believed that the best way to learn something is to teach it. To increase my own knowledge and skill around data visualisation, I created this free introduction to data visualisation course as part of my teaching work with Full Stack Modeller. The course has proven to be pretty popular.
The following are the websites and books I drew upon to teach myself more about the topic and create the course. Please comment below with your own personal recommendations, and I'll add them to the list.
Data visualisation books
- Now you see it. Simple Visualization Techniques for Quantitative Analysis. Stephen Few
- Show me the numbers. Designing tables and graphs to enlighten. Stephen Few
- Data Visualisation. A Handbook for Data Driven Design. Andy Kirk
- Envisioning Information. Edward R. Tufte
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. Edward R. Tufte
- The Art of Statistics: How to Learn from Data. David Spiegelhalter
- Calling Bullshit: The Art of Scepticism in a Data-Driven World. Carl Bergstrom and Jevin West
- How Charts Lie. Alberto Cairo
- Flowing Data
- Information is Beautiful Awards
- Nightingale, The Journal of the Data Visualization Society
- Storytelling with Data
- The Visual Capitalist
Sign in or become a Financial Modelling Handbook member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.